I did a partial de-Pinning of FrSky_X4R-SB so that it will fit behind camera (and partially under Naze32-FC).
Cut last 2 pins down flush like the others. I will never need CH-2/CH-3 anyway. Leave the 6-pins for SBus & CH-1.
Needs one more thin coat of Liquid-Tape, for 2 total.
Install between beeper and PWM-cable.
PWM cable is just barely long enough.
Not really needed, but how about a small piece of black-tape for one more piece of insurance. I didn't know, but it turns-out that 99% of the bottom of this Naze32 PCB is smooth and void of components. That really helps make this mod possible. If you loose the threads on a stand-off, try some Teflon-tape.
X4R-SB got to keep its protective outer case. Its still a bit loose in space and not crushed. Wire and antenna management is key due to close props.
Arms, spins-motors, RSSI is good.
Test flight successful. (Updated 7-15-2016)
- Battery got a bit hot.
CleanFlight Steps edited for this simple flight of this version of Naze32 FC and FrSky SBus:
- Calibrate Accelerometer
- Let sit still on level surface
- Save your config if you want (I do this often as I make changes and progress)
- Data = MSP/11520 (never change this)
- RX = Serial RX
- Mixer = Quad-X
- Receiver Mode = RX_Serial (SBus)
- Serial Receiver Provider = SBus
- ESC & Motor Features
- Motor_Stop & Dis-Arm Motors (5 secs)
- Throttle numbers are Min=1150, Middle=1500, Max=1850, Min_Cmd=1000
- Some of these might need adjustment, but theses do work/fly.
- System Configuration
- Loop Time = 2000
- Other Features
- Select Option for JR/Spektrum
- That will give you TAER1234 (Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Aux1-4)
- By now your radio TX/RX set should be Bound and working. Turn on Taranis, and see it respond in CleanFlight. If paired TX/RX radio-set are both on and bound together, the Naze32-FC should not be beeping. X4R-SB green-led should also be lit.
- Setup some modes ... like Angle flight-mode (Auto-Level) on your main switch. (video)
- Move and manipulate the Blade quad and watch sensors respond.